On the first day of the All China Leather Exhibition, each tannery will make a presentation to an independent panel of judges, who will use the information in the detailed report published on each company in World Leather over the five most recent issues, plus the details they reveal during their presentations to choose one winner for each of Africa, the Americas, Asia (excluding China), China and Europe.
From the five regional winners, one tannery will emerge as Tannery of the Year, a successor to the winner in March 2010, the Ethiopia Tannery Share Company. The winners will be announced at the leather industry’s most glamorous event, the Tannery of the Year Gala Dinner, which will take place in the Grand Ballroom of the world-renowned Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, across the road from the Pudong Exhibition Centre.
The event will begin with a champagne reception, followed by a four-course gourmet dinner with fine wines, culminating in the results presentation. All finalist tanneries will be present, accompanied by customers, suppliers and dignitaries from their home countries. Other industry figures are able to buy tickets to attend by visiting this link on the leatherbiz website, Tannery of the Year Gala Dinner.
The list of finalists, in alphabetical order, is as follows.
- B’Leather, the Dominican Republic - AmericasComing Indústria e Comércio de Couros, Brazil - Americas
- Elico, Ethiopia - Africa
- Gansu Hongliang Leather Limited, Gansu Province - China
- Heller Leder, Hehlen, Germany - Europe
- Hulshof Royal Dutch Tanneries, Lichtenvoorde, the Netherlands - Europe
- Nakara, Namibia - Africa
- PT Budi Makmur Jayamurni, Yogyakarta, Indonesia - Asia excluding China
- TehChang Leather Products Co Ltd, Ta Yuan, Taiwan - Asia excluding China
- Xing Ye Leather Technology Company, Fujian Province - China.
- We wish all the finalists good luck.
Information courtesy of Leatherbiz.com